CHEAT SHEET: HOW TO RECORD A SAFETY ASSESSMENT
(Refer to SACWIS User Guide, pages 6.4-6.7)
Add a Safety Assessment
1. On the Home screen, click the Case tab.
2. Click the Workload tab. The Case Workload screen appears.
3. Click your name for your cases to appear.
4. Click the Case Number ID link next to the case that needs the safety assessment. The Case Overview screen appears.
5. Click the Safety Assessment link in the Navigation menu on the left.
6. Click the Add Safety Assessment button.
7. Click the Link Intake button.
8. Select the appropriate intake
9. Click the Save button.
10. Click the Add Child button.
11. Select the child(ren) to be added to the safety assessment.
12. Click the Save button.
13. Click the Add Adult button.
14. Select the adult(s) to be added to the safety assessment.
15. Click the Save button.
Record Safety Factors
1. Click the Safety Factors tab.
2. Click the Edit link next to the description. The Safety Factors Details screen appears.
3. Enter a detailed response in the Explain field.
4. Select Yes or No in the Response field.
5. Click the OK button.
6. Repeat for each safety factor.
7. Click the Apply button when all are complete.
Record Safety Considerations
1. Click the Safety Considerations tab.
2. Click the Section 3: Historical Information link.
3. Fill out a detailed response in the narrative field.
4. Click the Section 4: Child Vulnerability link.
5. Fill out a detailed response in the narrative field.
6. Click the Section 5: Protective Capacities link.
7. Enter a detailed response in the narrative field.
8. Click the Apply button.
Record a Safety Response and Process for Approval
1. Click the Safety Response tab.
2. If all the children in the home are safe, click the box that says All Children in the Home are Safe. If all the children are not safe, select the safety response from the drop-down list.
3. Click Generate Safety Response.
4. Click the Apply button.
5. Click the Validate for Approval button. The system will verify that all information is entered.
6. Click the OK button.
7. Click the Process for Approval button. This is then sent to your supervisor for approval.